There a very few times in a person’s life that are more traumatic and stressful than an accidental death in the family – especially when a family member’s death is premature and attributed to the wrongful and negligent actions of someone else. We struggle with questions that have no answers, seeking to explain or console our grief.
Our Firm Is Dedicated To Helping Injured Victims
While no one can undo the damage, Portland Wrongful Death Attorney Travis Mayor can help you understand the legal process of seeking justice in an accidental death case and your options for dealing with the negligent wrongful death of a loved one. Travis is experienced, compassionate, and understands what you are going through.
Travis is ready to learn more about your case and offer help. Call (503) 610-0005 or 1 (800) 949-1481 for your free and confidential case evaluation with a Portland Wrongful Death Attorney.
Types of compensation allowed in Portland, Oregon wrongful death lawsuits
Portland personal injury attorney Travis Mayor moves quickly to obtain important evidence to maximize the value of his clients’ cases. The types of financial compensation available to the families of accidental death and wrongful death victims include the following:
- Reasonable charges incurred for medical costs and services, burial and memorial services;
- Compensation for disability, pain, suffering, and loss of income during the period between injury and the decedent’s death;
- Compensation for pecuniary (economic) losses to the decedent estate, such as the loss of the decedent’s lifetime earnings;
- Compensation to the decedent’s spouse, children, stepchildren, stepparents, and parents for pecuniary (economic) loss to them and for the loss of the society, companionship, and services of the decedent; and
- Punitive damages in cases of intentional and reckless conduct. Punitive damages are designed to punish wrongdoers and deter them and others from similar conduct.
Unfortunately, Oregon law caps the non-economic damages for pain and suffering and loss of society, companionship, and services of the decedent at $500,000. Due to the legislative cap on non-economic damages, the majority of the value of most Oregon wrongful death claims comes from the economic losses caused as a result of the decedent’s wrongful death.
Oregon Wrongful Death Lawyer, Travis Mayor, aggressively pursues justice for victims of negligence resulting in death, those wrongfully killed as the result of reckless conduct by individuals and corporate entities.